DeBary Hall Historic Site is owned by the State of Florida
and is leased to the County of
Volusia, Parks, Recreation and Culture division. The house and
grounds are a historic site open to the public during specific hours
of operation. The property is available for private rental, for
social functions and meetings on a limited basis.
- A deposit of $150 is required to reserve the date for a
function. The balance is due, in full, 10 days prior to the
scheduled event. The INDEMNITY provision must be signed and
accompany this deposit.
- In addition to the hall usage fee, a $500 check for security
deposit is required and is refunded in whole or part five working
days following the event (provided damages or extra hours have not
been incurred). To receive a full refund of deposit, notice of
cancellation must be received by Volusia County Parks, Recreation
Culture in writing 90 days prior to the date scheduled and reserved.
Cancellation notice received in writing 30 to 89 days prior to the
event will receive refund of deposit less 20 percent retained by Volusia
County for handling. A cancellation made less than 30 days
prior to event shall forfeit deposit amount in total.
- There is a $150 charge for security.
- Waiver of Fees can only be granted by Volusia County Parks,
Recreation and Culture (must request waiver application form and
policies and procedures form)
- No food or drinks are allowed inside the house or theater.
- Guided tours may be available upon request.
- DeBary Hall/Volusia County Parks, Recreation and Culture
recommends that tenting options be considered due to limited covered
- No self-catered events will be allowed. Only caterers that have
been pre-approved by the County of Volusia may be used. (please see
- Caterers, photographers and tent renters must be pre-approved by
the County of Volusia.
- The property and lights are “as is.” If you want to decorate or
add more lights it is your responsibility to do so with staff
approval and to remove them the day following the event. If not
removed, a portion of the security deposit will be deducted. The
staff person is not permitted to add more lights or decorate.
Absolutely nothing will be allowed to be attached to any interior or
- Equipment is to be delivered and set up only at the approved
time and must be accepted by the applicant. DeBary Hall/Volusia
County Parks, Recreation and Culture will not be responsible for
deliveries, pick-ups or storage.
- The applicant is responsible for all actions and adherence to
these rules by sub-contractors, such as caterers, florists,
- Smoking is not permitted in the hall or on the porches.
- In the event of a cancellation by DeBary Hall/Volusia County
Parks, Recreation and Culture for good and sufficient reason, a full
refund will be made.
- No rule stated herein shall be construed to contravene any part
of the City Code or the Zoning Code of the City of DeBary. In
accordance with the noise ordinance of DeBary Code, Sec. 30-136(c),
the ordinance begins at 10 p.m. The applicant must obtain a special
permit if the entertainment will be continuing after 10
p.m. as defined in DeBary Code, Sec. 30-138 (e)(1)(2).
- No flower petals, rice, confetti, etc., are permitted to be used
during weddings or receptions.
- Entertainment must bring tarp or carpets to protect floors if
they will be setting up on porches. They are responsible for
bringing extension cords.
- The applicant must provide a Certificate of Insurance with
current Comprehensive General Liability Coverage in the amount of $1
million. The County of Volusia, DeBary Hall Inc., and the State of
Florida shall be named as additional insured for the date of the
event. Certificates must be filed with Volusia County Parks,
Recreation and Culture at least 14 days prior to the
DeBary Hall Historic Site
210 Sunrise Boulevard
DeBary, FL 32713
(386) 668-3840 or (386) 736-5953